Monday, March 15, 2010

From Green to Blue and everything in between!

Happy Monday Everyone!

Here is the past week in a nutshell...

Green - Scott and I attended the annual St Patty's Day Tea. This year was extra special as the Grade 5 class is the host. So Nick-Nack dressed up in his crisp new white shirt, donned a green hat and was eager to do a great job of serving and looking after his clients. This is really great for the kids as they wait for years for their turn for the tea. Many people kept dropping by to tell us what an outstanding job he did. In addition to the sandywiches, coffee, and yummy sweets - being pampered by our courteous server was the real treat!

Blue - Thursday evening, Nick was a bundle of nerves. After months and month of waiting and training endlessly, it was the night of belt testing. Mind over matter, patience, discipline, focus and determination were all factors that Nick tapped into while journeying through the gruelling belt test. After several hours of technique, (some butterflies) and an awesome circle -- Nick was awarded his blue belt. Way to go Buddy! we are so proud of you!

Everything Else!
Hale made the basketball team! Yay! Can't wait to watch some intense games.

Last week was my last with my old colleagues! They treated my like a princess - Breakfast with the gang, pho with Sara (and Buddha), godiva chocolates and flowers from my girls! Thanks you guys - I will miss you muchly!

Here is my newest page in my journal - it was a little crazy and wasn't sure where I was going with this, but am really pleased with the results.

Lastly, passports apps are in - we are that much closer to our Disney Holiday!

Have a fabulous Monday!
xoxo Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment