Monday, February 1, 2010

A walk in the enchanted garden of J.W. Waterhouse

I rose early last week and jumped a train to Montreal to witness and experience the collected works of John William Waterhouse. The largest exhibit of his works ever, it was an experience out of this world and literally in the scenes he captured on canvas. I was moved with emotion as I felt I was in the tower with the cursed Lady of Shallot or locked away awaiting her true love like Marianne, or a witness as the sick child was brought to the Temple for healing, I was one of the mourners who saw the cruelty that Eulilia endured and then died, I was part of the rituals in which the Magic Circle took place.
I truely felt that I had made friends and lived a part of their lives, if only for a brief moment. It moved me in ways that I have never been moved by art before. And art is a big part of my life!
So much so, that I insisted on going back before the exhibit was over and these wonderful works were sent back to their respective homes. My husband and daughter joined me my journey back yesterday and it was just as amazing as the first time. Forever in my heart is the Enchanted Garden of John William Waterhouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment