Friday, February 19, 2010

oh my! - the drama continues...

It is Day 4 - I feel like I have hit the wall with this mural!
Last night, I didn't want to deal with it and thought about bailing. But my "good-side" faerie thought I should stay and work on it. I do want to finish it and get on with my creating and claim back my kitchen (the floors are gray with my footprints from paint...), and my hands are taking a beating. They are cracking, dry and hurting...
So I started with painting the remainder of blue, 6x1 ft, of the top of the canvas - check.
Then I started with the curtain on the left and really let go. It was fun and therapeutic. I got in there with my hands and added shading and texture and the results were better than I could have hoped! - left curtain done - check.
I moved to the window and penciled in the line grids. Not once, not twice, but three times a charm. Then, I outlined them with fabric, 3D paint - very nice. I taped off the edges so that the window sill would be crisp - check.

As I cleaned up for the evening and started taking photos of the progress and noticed that something wasn't right with the blue paint. Hmmm. Looking at it from various angles, I realized that it wasn't that it wasn't drying properly - I purchased the wrong shade of blue!  $%V#@!!!
{sigh}

So, tonight, I will make ONE more run to deserres (I should have shares, I swear) and will buy what I need. Then after our date tonight, Scott and I will arm ourselves with rollers, the right shades of paint -- and finish this bad boy off. My goal is to deliver tomorrow morning, and I want to keep that commitment to myself.
Wish me luck!
Blessings for an amazing weekend,
Dean

No comments:

Post a Comment