Wednesday, February 17, 2010

inside my mind and the moulin rouge


This has to be one of the most difficult undertakings I have ever volunteered for. While in theory it sounded like a fun challenge, it has turned out to be a consuming ordeal. As you know, it started when I drew the outside of the moulin instead of the inside. Once I came up with a sketch I was comfortable with...I decided the easiest way to proceed was to project my drawing onto the canvas (which by the way is approximately 12x10 ft). It took a bit of fiddling with focus, resizing, etc...but I was happy with the sketch.

I took the day off on Monday as a volunteer day and rose pretty early - eager to start. The very first stroke of paint indicated that I was in for a long day! My side of the canvas had not been prepped (the otherside is being used for an office scene and is just boring white). Before my eyes, the paint disappeared and seeped into the fabric. A little bit swearing,and a drop of determination, I continued with the task.
Two days later, I am out of paint, but I can see the end in sight.
I guess the exciting part of this is it forces me to be creative and to find a solution when my plan doesn't unfold as I would expect it to...I really cannot wait to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment