Monday, November 23, 2009

Be Zen, Just Be.

This morning I was blog-hopping and came across a term I had never heard before: ZENTANGLES. What a neat word. People were raving about it, so of course, I needed to check it out. What a treat for the senses!
Zentangles is a state of mind, or a meditative state of doodling. You can see a bit of this already in my art, but nothing like the creations that are out there...very easy, very inspiring and VERY ADDICTIVE.  Me thinks I will see more and more of this technique coming out in my art. Here is my very first ZENTANGLE. It's pretty cool.


HOW: draw a box or any other shape. Start with a wavy line. Just let it flow from there. There are no rules, except maybe that there are no rules. You might want to grab yourself a cup of tea, put on some mellow tunes and get ready to stay put until you are done. This is SOOOOO MUCH FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment